Sunday, January 31, 2010

Christmas Tree



So for those of you that know us not getting a Christmas Tree last year was a source of much dissent in our house. I fell on the side of we need a tree in order to have Christmas where Dale was less inclined to hassle with the tree stand and mess. Well a huge ice storm made the decision for us and we went without last year. Well this year I put my foot down that we needed a tree and Dale gave in. Of course it just happened to be the coldest day of the year and the only free time we had that Friday night after work. So in those quick 2 minutes I took one look at the rows of trees in the lot stopped at one and said this is it. It fit perfectly and here are photos of Shannon "not" touching the tree. As you'll notice in the decorated version all of the ornaments are on the top one third of the tree. She still managed to get some off and I tried to give her a few within reach that wouldn't break, but Shannon loves balls so those glass balls were irresistible. I am happy to report that there were no major accidents and no tree toppling for Holidays 2009. Big sigh of relief from Dale when the tree made it out of the house.

No comments: