Sunday, January 31, 2010

Christmas Day

This year we had the whole Cogan family over to our house for Christmas dinner. I loved having Christmas on a weekend this year I must say even with a whole house full of people it was really relaxing to know that I didn't have to wake up the next morning and go to work.

Shannon got to share in the fun with the rest of her cousins, Nate and Allie, and the four-legged variety Charlie. The rib roast came out great and to accompany the main event I roasted veggies that I picked up at our local farmers market (Butternut squash, beets, and rainbow carrots) which had the most wonderful color. We topped it all off with some green beans that we also quickly roasted on a baking sheet. I have to tell you Olive oil and salt and pepper is all anything needs to roast in.

While I headed to bed early the Cogan siblings kicked it old school and created some ruckas, broke some glasses and may have gotten sick in the snow but no one woke up Shannon so that is a successful Christmas in my book.




No comments: